Yoga for Complete Beginners: small group specialist courses
Is it for me?
Our friendly, small group Yoga for Complete Beginners courses
Why this course?
Unfortunately it is very common to hear people think they 'can't do' yoga because it is perceived they are too inflexible, or not young/fit enough.
In reality, if you can breathe, you can practice yoga - and anyone able to get on and off the floor in reasonable comfort can participate in our friendly four-week Complete Beginners courses.
As well as introducing many of the main yoga postures - progressing gently, week by week - we include the incredibly important (and often over-looked), softer aspects of a balanced yoga practice: breathwork, meditation and relaxation.
At the end of the four weeks, our intention is that you will have the confidence to join a regular beginners' class, and, most importantly, an overwhelmingly positive experience of practising yoga!
Our intensive four-week courses assume no previous yoga experience. Run over 90 or 120-minute sessions, we introduce the main aspects of a rounded yoga practice in a relaxed, mindful way: We build strength, flexibility and awareness gradually, according to each individual's capacity.
- Physical postures (known as asana) - working to strengthen and tone the body, and boost safe mobility
- Meditation - yoga is an ancient form of meditation. By including simple mindfulness techniques, we invite the mind into a less reactive, calmer state.
- Breathwork (known as pranayama) - how we can use simple breath practices to boost mood and re-balance the nervous system
- Relaxation - in our culture of permanent busyness, most of us have forgotten how to relax. We spend plenty of time on this incredibly important art.
Next 2018 course dates
Taught by Lucia
Taught by Lisa Hands
2pm - 4pm
Taught by Samantha Rose
2pm - 4pm
Taught by Sarah Nunn
11am - 1pm
Taught by Lucia
To book, please go to our 'intensive courses' section here and click the 'book now' button on the relevant course.
SuitabilityTo decide whether our Yoga for Complete Beginners course is for you, just ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you brand new to yoga or are interested in re-visiting the practice after some time out?
- Would you like a firm grounding in the basics of yoga before joining a regular class?
- Are you interested in learning more about the benefits of the main aspects of yoga (including meditation, breathwork and relaxation) and how it can improve your wellbeing?
If your answer is 'yes' to all the above, this could be the course for you. However, if you're not sure, please call us on 01245 608 378 or use our Contact Form.